Wardrobe essentials are basically building blocks to a functional style. They are clothes you need to make your closet solid. Lots of people may not know that they lack the essentials because they have a closet overflowing with clothes. Some signs that make it easy to know you lack the essentials are:
*You always say you don't have anything to wear even when your closet is stuffed.
*You feel like your outfit is always boring.
Wardrobe essentials are versatile, they can be worn on all occasions, you can always add accessories to change the look, without them, you feel like something is missing. They might not be exciting to some but they definitely make your wardrobe flexible. They are classics that will never be outdated and they go with everything.
Below are some items I feel are essential in a wardrobe. I'll advise to get them in neutral colours; black, white, grey, cream, beige.
1. Camisoles: get them in neutral colours, they are very versatile. Can be worn under see through blouses, can be paired with disco pants or a pencil skirt for a night out.
2. Short Sleeve T-shirts: v-necks or crew necks can either be dressed up and down for the casual chic look.
3. White Dress Shirt: grown woman essential! For interviews or other formal occasions pair a white dress shirt with trousers and pumps for a classy and sophisticated look. Can also be worn with denim and skirts for a trendy look.
4. Black Blazer: can be worn formal and casual. Can be thrown over a white dress shirt for a formal look or can be thrown over a t-shirt and jeans for a casual look.
5. Basic Jeans: go for a pair that fits perfectly either in black wash or dark blue. Make sure it flatters your body type, you'll never regret it. So many looks can be put together with denim depending on occasion, it can go from day to night.
6. Pencil Skirt: a pencil skirt can be worn anywhere, anytime and in different ways. Church, work, weddings, parties, you name it.
Go easy on the trends and invest in essentials. Keep in mind that there are more essentials, these are just basics to start with.
Thoughts? Do you have some of these items? Or maybe all? What are some of your closet staples?
Stay Beautiful! xx